Friday I spent the afternoon out with the Asdel women. My mother in law Lynn, was feeling badly that she had not done anything with me to celebrate my birthday. So we arranged to go out to lunch and a movie. I suggested Juno, neither Robyn or Lynn had seen it. But we quickly realized that the little girls didn't have school on Friday and I didn't think that was a good movie for Deven and Ethina. The first scene in Juno is an interesting sex scene. Its PG-13 but you know they are having sex. So the other movie that I wanted to see was Spiderwick. We went to lunch at BJs (it was ok) then off to the movie. I haven't read the spiderwick books but I knew the premise of the book. Deven my 10 year old niece has read a couple of the books. This was a good movie. The animation of the fantasy characters was really good. I enjoyed the story as well.
Later that same night Eddie and I were just doing nothing so I said do you want to go see "Jumper". There was one more showing for the evening so we went to the 9:20pm showing. The adds for this movie look really good. This movie had great potential. They built a really good story up and there was lots of action but they ended the movie with only half the story told. It was over and we were like wait what about this guy, what happened to him...? Who is that girl...? And what about this? They didnt solve any of the story lines. Eddie and I were wondering if they ran out of budget and just quit. It was a huge let down. So for my movie wrap up:
Juno- good movie for adults
Spiderwick- good movie for families
Jumper- LAME






5 comments:
Sounds like they want to film a Jumper 2. I really hate it when they don't tie things up.
Dang Dana! Are you a speed reader or what? I always am so excited when I actually have a minute to sit and read and so I try and read as much as I can each time I actually get the chance. I always think I'm doing pretty good. Then I check in on your blog and see where you're at and then all of a sudden my progress doesn't look as impressive!!! Good job. I love reading it fast cause then I actually absorb more of what is going on and the story line and stuff. Sadly, it takes challenges like these to get me started lately.
i needed a review of some movies... nice timing. I want to see juno. jumper looks interesting, but now that you same it's lame.. i'm not seeing it! Tyson and I rented Stardust last weekend. We raelly liked it. it's fairy tale kind of stuff and totally not what I expected, but really great.
you're cruising on your reading. Good job! I got to 50 pages and then changed my blog template and took off my widget thing. oh well. i really need to do better at reading.
I loved Stardust, it was such a good story. It had to be one of my favorites from last summer. Eddie was surprised that it was as good as it was. He thought I was dragging him off to some lame movie and it thankfully it was really good.
I liked Stardust too. It was available on a flight I took from DC but it cost $5 so I didn't see it. When I for home I put it on my Blockbuster Que and we all watched it together.
So you didn't comment on how you're getting that reading done so fast. I'm guessing you might have it on audio so you can listen to it in the car...
Post a Comment