Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Yes, I voted before I left for Hawaii. Morgan asked me to send her voting info to her at school. So I requested an absentee ballot for her. I decided to do the same thing for Eddie and I. It can be difficult to get to our polling spot when we work in Thousand Oaks. So I requested absentee ballots for all 3 of us. I was able to vote last week. It was one of the last things I did before I got on the plane. I voted for John McCain.
Barack Obama wants to raise taxes on the working Americans to give a government handout to the 40% of Americans who pay no income taxes. I don't think that the "American dream" is about government credits or handouts. I think the working class should be able to hold on to more of their money and in turn that will create more jobs. How about spreading opportunity not "spreading the wealth" ?

">

I became very frustrated with Senator Obama's involvement in our economic crisis. Check out this video from youtube. It plays very fast with tons of info coming at you. I had to watch it using the pause button so I could read the facts. I also looked things up on the internet, just to make sure it was true. And it is. Its worth your time to watch it.

2 comments:

tiffunny said...

I actually watched the entire video. I've always wondered why bigger deals have not been made about some of Obama's personal past, but especially his POLITICAL past/present. It's ridiculous. But it just proves that a large majority of people are just really stupid really - they very easily get persuaded by eloquent speech & don't research much of anything on their own. Good for you for voting. It looks like we're in for a tough 2 years perhaps since the senate looks like its going to be blue too. I always like the senate majority to be opposite of the president party so not as much crap can pass. oh well.

The Ribbles said...

I agree 100%. That sad thing is for some reason most people think the people who will be taxed more are the multi- millionaires. They don't seem to understand who will be paying for all the freebies he is giving out. It refreshing to hear that someone else actually looked at his polices when they made a decision to vote. I am glad you voted. I have several co-workers who live in CA and thought that it didn't matter if they voted because CA would go to Obama.