At times life is busy and chaotic... And then there are times when we can slow down and enjoy simple pleasures. Today was one of those afternoons were I felt like yes, I'm enjoying the simple things that life offers us. As usual, we are pretty hungry after church. Jake asked me to make him some lunch, (again as usual). I made us both a grilled cheese sandwich and sliced up a watermelon. We sat down together and ate lunch. No earth shattering conversation or anything, but I just enjoyed sitting down together and eating a lunch on a sunny afternoon. It just reminded me of Summertime :)
Thanks to Morgan for sending me a picture of her taking a study break and enjoying a slice of watermelon, when I was at Vons yesterday I picked out a watermelon because she made it look so delicious! And it was...
I'm looking forward to next Sunday when I can share lunch with Morgan as well as Jake on another warm sunny afternoon.






4 comments:
I CANT WAIT TO BE THERE NEXT SUNDAY!
Currently getting ready to do so. Almost done with my second paper and already have 3 boxes packed! Go me!
We're heaving watermelon for dessert! We love watermelon! We'll miss Morgan while she's home!
Sounds nice. I like simple pleasures too. And watermelon? Yum! Reminds me of summer too.
-Susanna
Thanks for reminding me to slow down & enjoy the simple things once in a while. Enjoy your kids this summer!
Post a Comment