Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Happy Day
I'm sure no one would realize this, but those that live with me. But I think I have finally solved our internet issues. Ever since I went to Direct TV I had to go back to At&t for my internet service. It never works for me. Eddie, Morgan and Jake seem to have no problem on their laptops connecting to it. But for me it would usually take about 10-15 minutes of trying to connect, then I would get bounced off and have to start all over. Loading pages took forever. Frequently I would do chores around the house while I waited for pages to load. This was extremely frustrating especially since I pay for DSL internet. I would even read blogs and emails at work since the internet was faster there. Well I bought the Apple Airport extreme, and so far it works amazing! It has two high-speed Wi-fi networks. A 5GHz network for computers and a 2.4GHz network for our cell phones and ipods. It is never simple to set these things up. I got a lot farther then I would have thought but my friend Dave came over at 10pm last night (with his kids) (sorry Dave) to help me bridge my modem. He got everything running and when I woke up this morning it was still working! Only time will tell but I think we are off to a good start!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
i think it's because apple everything is AMAZING. steve jobs is my hero...for sure. I love new gadgets!
I am so happy you finally have functioning internet. :) And I was very impressed but how much Dave knew! He told me this morning that he thinks the whole system was poorly set up, so I'm glad he knew how to get it all in order.
Yay! That IS a happy day! It's so annoying whne things don't work like they should.
Or when people don't proof read their comments. Sorry. I left a typo!
Isn't if funny how used we are to fast Internet. I hate it when it takes more then a few seconds for something to load. Its always nice to have someone around that can help fix things.
Post a Comment