Let me try and explain why my blog has been neglected. Back in August of last year I committed myself to be in charge of throwing my Dad an 80th birthday celebration. I organized and mapped out the how the celebration would be done. The party was in November on Thanksgiving weekend. I spent most of October and November working out the details of the party. At this same time in October our office manager at our dental office was having difficulty and I took on a very long and complicated process of auditing our practice to make sure the "books" were correct and up to date to help him. Then throw in the Holidays and my church calling and all I can say is, life was too busy.
Our office manager almost got himself fired the week of Christmas because of all his personal drama. The project I was working on with him kept expanding and I felt like we were never going to catch up. Eddie was getting more and more frustrated with our project's progress. I am able to log into the office computer from home now and work on auditing the electronic charts after I get home from work and on the weekends. Unfortunately, two weeks ago our office manager abandoned his job. Now, this didn't surprise me entirely because he got caught in several lies, and I couldn't believe anything he told us. He was late everyday and full of excuses. It seemed like for months we were unable to get a full work week out of him. He should have been let go a long time ago, but I really wanted him to finish this auditing project with me. Well, he stopped coming to work, I even had to track him down one day and call his wife's work to find out where he was.
At this point I feel that I can handle this project on my own and still have a lot of work to do. We have been 2 weeks without him at our office entirely. We just hired a new employee, who will be starting after she gives notice to her current office. So I probably have another 2 weeks of chaos and part time help up front. I have learned a TON about the front office in the last two weeks. I discovered another project that I will have to start after I finish my auditing project. So that's it... I have lost my free time for the time being, but feel confident that this dark tunnel I have found myself in must have a way out!
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
he was kind of an interesting guy, huh? sounds like you've had a lot going on! it's great to see a post again and gpa's party was wonderful!
Glad you're back on the blog! I need to make an effort on mine too. But I update my tumblr one multiple times a day...
Sorry! Your life has been busy! I like hearing from you even if it is just a comment on my blog!
Geez what a pickle. i am glad you dont have to deal with this guy anymore! i hope/ know that everything can only go up from here. Miss you!
Post a Comment