Morgan's birthday was back in October on the 3rd, and we celebrated by going to Las Vegas. You only turn 21 once and when your LDS its not the typical 21st birthday celebration, so we thought it would be fun to get a couple of rooms and hang out poolside and check out the sights of Las Vegas.
Morgan drove down from Provo with 3 girlfriends and Eddie, Jake and myself flew into Vegas to meet them. We met up at our hotel, the MGM Grand. We got the girls their own room and we stayed across the hall. First thing we did after checking in was check out the pool. The MGM has a great pool, in fact several pools. It also has a lazy river that you can float along in and a few waterfalls just to make sure you get wet. The weather was great and we hung out at the pool for the afternoon. Another cool thing about the MGM was that they have a lion habitat. We had a lot of fun looking at the lions and seeing the baby cubs. Later that night we strolled up the strip to check out some clubs and grab a bite to eat.
Saturday was Morgan's birthday and all she wanted was an iphone so off to the apple store we went and purchased her birthday gift. Of course it wasn't quite that easy... They guy screwed up and Jake's # was now ringing on Morgan's phone. Hours later we had it all straightened out and 2 iphones later we were out of there. The 1st iphone they gave her the button was broken.
Anyway, Saturday night we went and saw Criss Angel Cirque de Soleil show "I believe" over at the Lexus. It was an entertaining show, kind of dark and warped in some parts but over all I think we all enjoyed it. Late nights were spent in clubs and dancing till the wee hours of the morning.
Ashley Simpson shares the same birthday as Morgan. She was celebrating her birthday with an appearance at the pool of our hotel. Morgan and her friends got pictures of Ashley and Jessica Simpson and were excited to be celebrating birthdays together.
Our friend Dave came up for the later part of the weekend and showed Morgan how to play black jack and craps. The nice thing about that was he gave her some playing money. Morgan informed me that while playing black jack her dad decided he was bad joojoo for Morgan because she would lose when he was around. I think they liked playing craps the most. I don't know anything about card games or dice games, so I went and hung out at the pool while Morgan lost Dave's money. She said it was fun but that she felt like she dropped her money and walked away from it. I don't think I have to worry about her becoming a big time gambler.
Walking around Vegas was like walking towards an illusion. We would head out toward some shopping mall or casino and it wouldn't seem that far... but once you started walking it seemed like you were never going to reach your destination. I was so tired from walking around it was incredible. My hips actually were bothering me by the end of the weekend. Maybe I should have worn better shoes then just flip flops.
It was a really fun weekend with Morgan in Vegas. Something I know she will remember as a good celebration for 21 years of life!
Birthdays are important and I'm so glad that I have been able to do special things for my kids to celebrate their birthdays and enjoy being together and creating fun memories with them.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
better late than never :) this post perfectly sums up our weekend!! it was such a fun weekend! you guys are awesome for making my 21st such an extravagant celebration :)
sounds like a fun vegas vacation!
As I was looking at the pictures I kept thinking, "That is a lot of girls...and Jake." I bet he either loved it or hated it. :)
Looks like fun!
-Susanna
I miss reading your blog!
Post a Comment