Monday, March 17, 2008

Baptism Day

I started out Saturday morning going to the temple for our Stk youth baptisms. I needed to be at the temple by 7:30 am so that we could be ready for the youth at 8:00 am. We had a good turn out, especially since we went last month too. Around 40 - 50 youth attended our temple trip. Its nice to be in the temple on Saturday mornings. I usually see Dad and Jan at some point during the morning. I finished around 11:30. Once I got home I took a nap :) I love naps!
I was awoken by Roger talking on my answering machine. Jeanette, Roger & Estin were in Carpinteria and were on their way to Ventura to attend Joe's (Elaine's husband) baptism. We had a chance to visit for a couple of hours before it was time to go to the baptism up at the Stk Center.
Julie and Jan gave the talks and Chris (Julie's husband) performed the baptism. The whole group of us went out to dinner and enjoyed the evening visiting together.
Sunday, Joe was confirmed in sacrament meeting and later received the Aaronic Priesthood. And Chris was called to serve as 2nd counselor in the bishopric. So we also were able to attend his ordination to High Priest and setting apart for 2nd counselor. With lots of our family there and Chris' family too, you can imagine all the people! Here is a list of family last names:
Asdel
Garza
Hay
Martin
Terry
Reinsch
Rivera

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Rivera.. is that Joe's family?

sounds fun. i wish we could have a big family get together. I missed the last get together thanksgiving '04. can we make up an excuse or something? sounds like you have a fun day!

girlsmama said...

I'm glad it all went well! I'm sure everyone appreciated the support!

Dasdel said...

Rivera is Chris Terry's sister and her husband and kids they are in Ventura 1st ward.

Morgan said...

thats so cool! im happy for him. brenton looks old. it feels like nothing happens while im not at home but i have to remind myself that time is moving. its crazy its been more than a year.

Linda said...

I'm so happy for Elaine and Joe. I hope he can stay with his commitment. It isn't easy changing your life. I wish we could have been there.