Morgan and I woke up early Friday morning to attend the 1st and 2nd ward annual Pancake Breakfast and Flag raising on the 4th of July. Oops we were 15 min late and missed the flag raising! So we were first in line for the pancakes. My pancakes were rock hard, more like a tortilla chip then a fluffy pancake. At least we got to have breakfast with Dad. He brought peanut butter too. I love pancakes with peanut butter. I guess other people do too. While I was saving seats and chatting with 2 YW from my ward, Dad, Jan, Elaine and Joe went in line to get their pancakes. Before you know it people at our table were passing Dad's peanut butter around. Morgan got my attention, and I said, HEY! you can use it but thats my Dad's! Bring it back! Mormons you gotta watch em :)
After the breakfast I lazied around the house. I started the book "The Great Divorce" by C.S. Lewis.
I have finished the book and I really enjoyed it. Very interesting ideas on heaven and hell. Interesting storytelling.
I am going to try some other C.S. Lewis books
Later that afternoon Eddie and I went down to the beach. A local band that we have known since high school was playing on the beach at the end of our lane. A couple of other bands played too. So many people were at the beach. Great people watching. We ran into several friends. One of our friends that adopted Lucee's brother was there and we got to see Noah (dog) He is bigger then Lucee and has a darker coat. We are planning some playdates for the two of them.
Next we went to BBQ at our friends house, lucky for us he lives on the channel. We got to light some fireworks on their dock. We had hamburgers (turkey burgers) and tri tip, hot dogs and pasta. I personally had a turkey burger.
After that it was back to the beach to watch the crazy people light their fireworks. We found our friends Tori and Christi and enjoyed the show! Eddie brought a few fireworks to temp Tori with and it worked! About 10:00 we headed home. Of course alot of people were still out celebrating, so we had lots to watch from our balcony. Jake was gone at camp which he has chosen to do for the last 3 or 4 years. Morgan was gone to the beach to hang with her friends for most of the day and well into the night :) That's a pretty typical 4th of July for us. We enjoyed it!
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
It sounds like Lucee is moving in ont he kids turf! She's getting all the parental planning! I'm glad you guys had a good day. You need it!
Doing fireworks at the water sounds cool. Jealous of your "beach" experiences!!!
yeah lucee is their kid now. we're just like other tenants in the house. hahaha.
Sounds fun. I loved the descriptions by you and Morgan on her blog too. Sounds like quite the event at the beach. Too bad we were sweating in the desert. What were we thinking leaving here for there in the middle of summer? Oh well.
Sounds like a perfect July 4. We need to move to Ventura. now how could i pull that off.....
Post a Comment