Saturday, July 26, 2008

Summer Fun

We had an awesome trip to the Lake! Although, we arrived at 3:00 am Friday morning only to be locked out at the gate house. Our friends whom we rent the house from forgot to call our reservation into the gate house. So we sat out there for a half an hour or so. Eddie didn't want to call them and wake them up. The man on duty told us we could drop our boat on the side of the road an drive back to town and get a hotel. I told Eddie to hand me his phone and I called and woke our friends up. They called the gate house to immediately to get us in. They felt horrible that they forgot, and said they thought we were on their permanent list of approved guests. I bet we are now!
We slept in and woke up to hit the lake around noon on Friday. The weather was perfect lake weather, HOT and SUNNY! Even with a late start we were able to find some decent water to get some wake boarding in. We ate lunch on the boat and swam all afternoon. Lucee was excited to learn to swim and did really well on the boat. Over the next 4 days we played, swam, ate and slept. Lucee didn't destroy anything. She loved the water and riding on the boat. We even met another dog, a nine month old black lab named Jet. We did way more socializing with other boaters then we usually do just because of Lucee. People love puppies!
I made a short video of our fun and crazy moments.

6 comments:

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

That was so fun to watch the video. You guys look like you are having such a good time. I was cracking up at the faces Eddie was making towards the end. Too funny.

tiffunny said...

Wow you guys know how to have serious fun! That looks really fun.

girlsmama said...

So...who drives while Eddie boards? I'm jealous! It looks like lots of fun!

elaine said...

I'm guessing Jake or Dana or Morgan but I think I caught a glimpse of Jake at the wheel

Dasdel said...

I drive while Eddie boards. I drove while they were wake surfing too. Jake drove me once this trip. He almost was going to drive Eddie one day and then decided that he would rather not.

tiffunny said...

How funny that you have The Alchemist in your bookshelf - I just got finished reading that about a month ago (after my 10 year old finished it and let me borrow it). Her uncle had given it to her for Christmas cause he loves that book. So then I suggested my cousin read it and she did a whole blog post about it. She really got into the more "deep" parts of the book.