Thursday, August 7, 2008

ANNOYED



This isn't my usual style of post... but, this really ticked me off. On Thursdays I see my first patient at 1:00 pm. I spend the morning doing my thing, usually checking blogs, listening and updating my ipod, on line banking, dishes..... sleeping.
Today I was doing my thing and I even took Lucee for a walk, which turned into a little swim and then a bath when we got home. I was just out of the shower and 11:45 am and Eddie comes upstairs and says, "Don't you have a 12:00 patient?"
I said "No" He was pretty sure that I did, so he called the office to ask one of the girls what time my first patient was. Sure enough it was 12:00. He told the girls that I would not be making it to the office in time to see that patient, so I would need to have her rescheduled. I was so mad! First, its not my normal working hours so why didn't someone mention it the day before. Second, why did no one tell me? Its not like I live around the corner and can just hop in my car and be there in a jiffy. And it looks unprofessional on me and the office to not show up.
I don't mind changing the hours to accommodate people, BUT someone has to tell me!
It ends up that both girls said they thought I knew (blah blah blah) and I politely asked that in the future if we change the schedule please make sure I am aware and reminded!

5 comments:

Morgan said...

i could watch this video on repeat. its some of your best blogging work. haha. it reminds me of Harry Potter how the pictures in the newspapers and stuff all move. Like you are reacting with the person as they read. its silly, i like it.

elaine said...

I like the video too & I can definitely understand why you would be ticked off. It made you look bad & I learned in my management training classes that if a person has a good experience somewhere they might tell 1 or 2 people but if they have a bad one they will tell 10 people or more.

tiffunny said...

the video seriously makes me laugh - it goes perfect with your post!

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

Is that an annoyed face or a "I'm gonna kick some butt" face? Either way, that was too funny!!!

Bethany said...

oh my, this video is great! Morgan is right, it's totally like the Harry Potter moving faces in the newspapers. I love it.