Wow I can't believe its August! This last week Jake went to EFY in Las Vegas. He had a really good time, met lots of people and enjoyed his week at UNLV. His roommate for the week was from Wisconsin. He really liked the campus and the dorms he got to stay in. The hottest day while he was there was 109 and the coolest night was 81. Good thing they had air conditioning.
My mother in law, Lynn had her open heart surgery 2 weeks ago this coming Monday. She was released from the hospital on Thursday of this week. She is doing well. The color in her face is back and she is really happy to be out of the hospital. She was in the hospital for 6 wks!
Morgan is hanging out with friends and enjoying the fact that she got A's in both her classes she took this summer. I was quite impressed that she was able to do 2 classes in 8 weeks. They were all day long, 4 days a week! She is very determined when she decides to do something. She is starting to make travel plans for her trek back to BYU.
As for our house, today we installed a new front door. Our front door has been broken and difficult to open and close for a couple of years. It rattled the whole house when ever some one came through it. The wind would blow through the seam where the doors met in the middle because they had warped a little and didn't fit well. So needless to say I love my new front door! I would take a picture but my camera battery is dead and I left the charger at the lake house.

This week the County Fair is happening. Its fun to go and eat junk food and go through the different exhibits. I also like to go to the concerts, this year the plain white T's are playing, and several country bands, and the Beach Boys. Dad works down at the fair in the church's genealogy booth. In the past I have volunteered some time at the genealogy booth. Every night that the fair runs they do a firework show at 10pm. I can see the fireworks from my upstairs living room. When my kids were little we would walk down to the beach every night and watch the fireworks. One of my favorite memories is Jake & Morgan dancing in the sand while the finale would light up the sky, the sound took a while to travel down the beach and Jake would act like he was being shot and fling himself around in the sand.






4 comments:
hahaha, i loved when jake did that. and when he used to dance during the credits at the end of movies down by the screen. oh how his personality has changed.
The fair sounds fun. Maybe next year we'll have to come down for it. My kids are still in school this week - the joys of year round!
I love how white Jake is and how tan Morgan is. ha!
i remember going to the fair in Ventura once. it was when Elaine and Nick lived by it or something. I must have been 8 or so, who knows. I just remember they lived in this little apartment and we walked to the fair.. I think we walked.
watching the fireworks from the beach every night sounds heavenly. i love where you live.
oh yeah and way to go to morgan for taking those classes this summer. those kind of classes were always my favorite. i did much better at every day, all day for a short amount of time. She must be going back to utah soon, huh?
Post a Comment