Birthdays for Morgan have been a little different since she is away at school. It been a challenge to make sure her special day is special up in Utah while we (myself, Eddie and Jake) are in California. But I think today will be a fun day, and Morgan will be very pampered. Morgan will be spending her afternoon at the Avenues Day Spa in Salt Lake City.
Morgan is so much fun to be with and always has been since she was a little girl. She loves to do things, she likes to make, bake, and create. She isn't one to sit around. She enjoys scrap booking, painting, and making things in the kitchen. When we lived in South Pasadena one of my friends gave her a box of clay bead making supplies. Morgan would spend hours making beads with all kinds of interesting designs, then we would bake the beads and she would make jewelry for hours. As Morgan got older she found that her Aunt Katherine loved these types of projects and they would spend hours in Michaels looking at beads and other little crafty stuff.
Morgan is intelligent and beautiful. When Morgan was a toddler I could not go into a store without being stopped by someone and them telling me how pretty she was, I also was told how much she looked like the little girl in ET (Drew Barrymore) When people couldn't place who she looked like I would say "like Drew Barrymore when she was in ET?" and they would be like "YEAH that's it!" Morgan excels in school, she loves school, and I soon realized that she retained what she learned more then I ever did. I knew that she would be smarter then me in many ways before she was even in middle school.
Morgan has always been a true friend. She understands the importance of listening to people and caring about what they are concerned with. She isn't afraid to tell people how she feels, especially if she sees a friend in trouble. I admire her for that. And she is always ready to celebrate the good times with her friends and family. Morgan loves to laugh, one time Morgan and I were snowboarding in Mammoth in the trees, with ALOT of powder, and we couldn't get out. We sat in these drifts for probably 10 min laughing so hard we could barely breathe! It was so much fun.
Happy 20th Birthday Morgan!
P.S. Modern technology is so fun I was just able to watch Morgan open her gifts on a video ichat!






8 comments:
i think its wild too! my morning at work was so much fun, and then my afternoon at the spa was amazing, and now im getting ready to go to the birthday party that lauren is throwing for me. this has been one of my favorite birthdays so far. it makes turning 20 a little easier..i loved being a teenager. on to my next decade. insane..
the video was so cute. ive never heard that song! it was perfect.
Happy Birthday Morgan! I agree, she is one amazing girl. Loved the pictures of her and it reminded me of me and my sisters growing up! Glad you are still able to celebrate over the internet and spoil her at the spa but TWENTY that means I'm getting soooo OLD!
Loved reading about your little girl! I've decided anyone named Morgan (or Morganne) is just destined to be beautiful & fun to be around. How cool that you made her day special despite the distance. You're a great mom!
You are a great mom :)
Love you!
hahahahaha i just noticed your avatar. Thats hilarious!
I feel so stupid! She was right here in my house today (Sunday) and I didn't even know it was just her birthday on Friday. I would have done a cake and stuff! I can hardly keep up with my posterity's birthdays so any of the nieces and nephews I am just at a loss. I'm so sorry!
Anyway, Morgan showed her true gifts of bringing things together today. I had planned to have all of my kids who would come, over while Bethany and Dad and Jan are here in Utah. I couldn't locate Dad and didn't know their plans. I had said something to Bethany and Jessica about inviting Morgan too and then Jessica said that she was supposed to text or call her as they passed Jesse's. She forgot and so I texted her. Somehow she ended up picking Dad up and bringing him too! It was perfect and I still don't know how she made it happen. She is just a wonder.
Sorry I'm a bit late. Happy Birthday Morgan! I like your birthday sign waving avatar too.
i wish I knew morgan better. she seems so great and so easy to be around. it sounds like her day was wonderful!
the happy birthday avatar is so funny.
Post a Comment