Friday, December 5, 2008

Cookies


I love Holiday cookies. So when I saw this post on my friend Jenn's blog, I knew I had to try them. Plus people always go crazy over Trader Joe stuff. I will ocasionally shop there. But I find it to be a little on the expensive side and not very healthy stuff. And I do try to stock my cupboards with a good variety of healthy and some not so healthy types of food.
Back to the cookies. Jenn had the most adorable picture of her and a box of "Candy Cane Joe-Joes" cookies. I have been craving them all week. part of the problem is there is a Trader Joes right across the street from our dental office. But I couldn't break away long enough to go grab a box. And I wasn't organized enough this week to get to the office early and go get some before work. So all week long I thought about these cookies. I love candy canes and I love chocolate. Today, Friday I was finally able to get over to Trader Joes. First of all I should tell you, I hate where our Trader Joes in Ventura is located. Its in one of the busiest parts of town. Second I hate how crowded Trader Joes gets and the type of people that shop there can be annoying. Today was no exception. The parking lot was FULL. I had to park in tim buck two (partially because I don't like to park next to people). I hike into the store and I see that the lines at the registers have 8- 10 people waiting in each. There are people roaming everywhere. It was so hard to manuever around the store with people congregating in and around the aisles. (MOVE! GET OUT THE WAY!) So I grabbed a few items and 4 boxes of cookies. Made my way home. Once I was home I indulged in the aroma of peppermint and chocolate, grabbed a glass of milk and a reasonable size stack of cookies to enjoy. YUM! Thanks Jenn I can't wait to share these with the family and co workers. If you don't have a Trader Joe's you can buy a box off of ebay

6 comments:

girlsmama said...

So were they worth it? I need to go to Costco. And Costco here is like Trader Joes there. The regular folk go to Sam's Club. Unfortunately they don't have chocolate truffles. Only Costco. And no matter when you go to Costco it's a mad house. Even at 10am in the morning. But I need the chocolate truffles...

Morgan said...

save me some! or better yet, send me some. haha. i like your new meez. haha. i miss trader joes but i have wholeeeee fooooooods. yum yum.

Jenn Kirk said...

LOL, can't believe it's on ebay. I wonder if people are actually buying these? I wonder if we should stock up before they run out this season!

tiffunny said...

I saw these the other day when I went there. I thought they looked good but I was disciplined and only got what i came for - 4 advent calendars (my kids think the chocolate in the trader joe ones are the best - i have to agree). Maybe i'll have to get some next time i'm there - but I don't go there often either because of all the reasons you listed - mine isn't as crowded as your's sounds, but the parking lot is always full & the people who shop there are just "different" than me.

Anonymous said...

yuummm trader joes has such yummy little snacks. The caramel wafers? to DIE for. I am definitely going to check these cookies out when I get home!! THey sound YUMMY!

elaine said...

So does the "I can't wait to share these with the family" include sisters? These sound really good;)