Thursday, February 12, 2009

Birthday Time

Last week February 3rd, I celebrated my birthday. I took the day off from work and was ready to do something with my special day. I had several ideas..... but which of them did I want to do? Restaurants? Museums? Spa? Movie? Hmmm...

I decided the thing I wanted the most was to spend some time with Jake and relax. Tuesday was a warm sunny day, and I was lucky to be home from work and enjoy it. I decided to spend my morning on the beach. Lucee and I headed down to the beach for a stroll in the shoreline and climbing on the jetty. Later we finished our outing with a long walk through the neighborhood.
Next, Jake and I decided to go to the movies. Now this is a big deal. Jake is not someone who goes to the movies very often. And he really thinks going in the afternoon is a huge waste of daylight. But he was being nice because it was my birthday, so I let him pick the movie. We went and saw Paul Blart: Mall Cop. It actually was pretty funny. The bad guys were played by real professional BMX bike riders and Skateboarders, so the stunts were pretty cool.
After our movie Jake wanted to meet up with his friends to go skateboarding. I dropped him off and went over to the Massage Place and had one of the best massages ever!

After my massage Jake, Eddie and I went out for sushi. On the way home from dinner Eddie wanted to go to Target and get my birthday present! Eddie bought me a Wii and Wii Fit! I've wanted this for a while. We spent the rest of the evening bowling and playing baseball. At about 10 min to midnight I said "oh there is only 10 min till my birthday is over, we need to go eat the pie".

Nothing like pie and ice cream at midnight to settle you in for a goodnights sleep!

8 comments:

girlsmama said...

Sounds like a good day! I'm glad we got to sneak in some time with you while you were here!

Morgan said...

Ugh, that sounds awesome! Im sad I missed out! but it was so good to see you guys and have you up in Utah. I am so lucky to have a family that enjoys coming up to me! Not many other kids have that. I hope your birthday was awesome! Love you!

Wendy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Lilly's birthday is today (2)! It sounds like you had a very nice day. We got a WII for Christmas and I am now addicted to Guitar Hero. Seriously addicted. Alan and I play for 2 hours every other night. We've become a lot closer. Happy birthday my friend :)

Linda said...

Your day sounds wonderful - full of things you wanted to do. Love you. Happy 40th!

elaine said...

Hard to believe we are all over 40! Sounds like you had a good day. What kind of pie did you have? I can't tell from the picture except that it wasn't pumpkin or lemon meringue or chocolate chiffon ;)

Natalie said...

yummmm pieeeee. I guess it would technically be piiiiie haha. Anyway..HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm so sad I didn't get a chance to see you while you were here! I guess i'll just have to come visit!

tiffunny said...

Happy Birthday!!

The Ribbles said...

Happy Birthday 10 days late!