
This morning I pulled a major schlep rock move! Schlep rock is a character from the Flintstones. Bad luck seemed to follow him everywhere. Well this week has had several random "BAD" things occur. Usually, when crap happens I am not directly to blame. But today I was entirely responsible for this episode.
I was feeling like I wanted to get things done this morning. I started off by cleaning up the kitchen. Then I decided to change our bed sheets. I took the bed sheets down to the laundry I thought I would get started on doing some laundry. I like to wash mine and Eddie's scrubs in their own load. I loaded the machine up and it seemed kinda low. I ran up stairs to find any sets of scrubs that hadn't made it into the laundry yet. Sure enough I found a few sets on Eddie's side of the bed. Quickly ran down stairs and threw them in with the rest of the load.
Eddie comes home a few hours later and asks about his scrubs. I say I just washed them. He asks if I checked the pockets because last nights deposit was still in his pants. CRAP!
I run down to the laundry room and bring up the dry scrubs and start folding them. I see no remnants of any paper in the washing machine or the dryer. I go through all the scrubs and find nothing. I'm feeling quite relieved and think he must have placed it somewhere else or left it at the office. Eddie then calls our office manager (who is at the office) and confirms that he gave him the deposit last night. While Eddie is on the phone with him he takes the scrubs out of his drawer and starts checking pockets. Sure enough, Eddie finds lint in the pant pockets of one of his scrubs. As he is talking to Joey, the office manager, he informs him that he knows what happened to the deposit. Now Joey has to call patients and insurance companies to have them issue new checks. UGH! I feel like such an IDIOT! I normally check pockets. I can't remember the last time I haven't checked pockets. This mistake will take weeks to correct and recover from. I guess Eddie knew I would beat myself up enough, so he didn't say anything. But I'm sure he would have liked to.






7 comments:
yiiiiiiikes. the whole deposit just disintegrated with nothing more than a little lint?
Dana - maybe you've already checked but maybe it fell out of his pocket and is under your bed... It's too bad checks don't hold up like cash - I hope the replacements come fast! The joys of being your own boss - ugh
We did look around where the scrubs had been laying and under the bed. And yes just some lint in the pocket. Thats why at first when I didn't find anything I was relieved because I didn't see anything in the washer like you normally would. At first I started to tell him that they couldn't be the deposit in his pocket because there wasn't enough left of anything. But his conclusion is missing checks, lint in pocket = washed deposit. I guess there was no cash in the deposit, just checks.
I am horrible about checking pockets and Eli never takes anything out... so I was jump drives, money, chap stick (the worst) and tissues... One day I will learn.
That sucks. At least he can get new ones since they're checks. Maybe you'll laugh about it someday???? :)
Are you sure he wasn't wearing a coat or something? I have washed paper before and there is usually something left or at least a lot of lint all over your clothes. How many checks were there? If it was in his scrubs you must have a washing machine that does a fantastic job on the rinse cycle
I hate laundry mistakes! I've had my share and just recently put two of my sweaters in the dryer (same load). Yep, they shrunk. Both of them. I'm always so good at making sure they "lay flat to dry" so I know how you feel about always checking pockets and then the one time it matters it slips your mind. I hope it all turns out alright for you guys in the end.
-Susanna
Post a Comment