Sunday, April 12, 2009

prom



Friday night was prom this weekend for the LDS youth in Ventura, Camarillo, and Simi Valley. The prom was held at the Poinsettia Pavilion in Ventura. Jake attended the prom with a sweet girl, Shelbee.



This is the first year that our Stake has participated in an LDS prom. It was an amazing event. The guests arrived at about 7:00 pm and were served dinner while a harpist played.



There was a photographer available for pictures throughout most of the evening. They had a live vocalist segway after dinner into the early part of the dance.



Then the DJ took over and put on an entertaining musical and visual show. The DJ had an elaborate video and light show, with several assistants who did hip hop style dancing and threw out glow sticks, blow up guitars, and other trinkets to keep the crowd excited.



There about two hundred kids in attendance. The girls were all beautiful in their formal wear and the guys looked handsome in their tuxedoes.



I thought Jake and Shelbee were one of the cutest couples there, but my opinion is biased I'm sure. I'm glad our stake was invited to participate. In my opinion it was everything a parent would want prom to be for their kids, and luckily for me mine was there.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

that makes me miss high school! jake looks so nice! how fun! and his date is super cute

girlsmama said...

Morgan was telling us about this last night! I think that is such a fabulous idea. I'm so glad Jake decided to go, and they are very cute. I'm sure you weren't biased. :)

Morgan said...

I'm just so so happy Jake decided to go. He looked verrrry nice in that tux!

tiffunny said...

What a great idea. I've never heard of something like this before. I like it!!

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

They look so nice! I love prom pictures because it's the only time you see teenagers looking so good. I'm glad it went well. I hope our stake continues to participate.

The Ribbles said...

They do look nice. That is a great idea to have an LDS Prom. Sometimes I really want to raise our kids out of Utah. It seems like the kids and the church have much more success at having fun gatherings. We have the hardest time with modest for gowns here too.