Saturday, April 25, 2009

Carbon Cove





We took a little hike to Carbon Cove. Carbon Cove is a beautiful beach with black sand. We hiked in over a hill passed over another beach and then up another hill before coming down into Carbon Cove. Just as we entered the beach we found a tree that had a family of monkeys.




This little cove was a great place for Eddie to fish and for me to lay in the sun. The sand was black and really held the heat from the sun. I had to swim often to stay cooled off. I can honestly say that I had zero chill factor when entering the ocean water. It was really fun swimming at this beach. The monkeys napped in the nearby tree all day. We were told that the bare trees are plumeria trees that bloom in the wet season.




It was so hot in the black sand, but it was hot everywhere. We had fun taking pictures with the black sand. It made such a great contrast to the shells. It had a gold glistening effect as well. I am assuming that the black sand comes from the volcanoes that are in Costa Rica.


4 comments:

elaine said...

That black sand is beautiful. White sand gets hot enough but I'll bet the black sand was crazy hot

The Ribbles said...

I am so jealous! What a fun and beautiful trip!

Morgan said...

Cool cool pictures. Good thing you didnt try to bring any home with you! haha.

girlsmama said...

I can't wait to be a world traveler! I'm glad you guys could get away!