Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wind Farm

While on my 2 1/2 hour trek to pick Jake up from Skateboard camp at Woodward West, I got to drive through a wind farm. The first drive upon taking him to camp I was so amazed at how big these windmills were I was determined to get some pictures of them. Its very odd and kind of eery driving right through them and under them. The road is not a very popular road so you can be kind the lone traveler. Whenever I have seen this wind farm I always think of Don Quixote attacking the ferocious giants that are really just windmills. The pictures I got were taken while driving, so they aren't the best. And to be truthful they don't do the size of these creatures justice.

 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I remember driving on this road with my husband once. It is quite a site to see!

tiffunny said...

I've driven by some of those before on the road to Bakersfield. I too can't help but have Don Quixote run through my mind as well.

Morgan said...

I always think of Don Quixote too! And I dont know why but I always think they are kinda eery too. Maybe because they are so slow and huge.

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

I love giant windmills! Everytime I pass them I try to get an idea of how huge they really are. Sometimes you'll see a worker's truck or something next to one and it just blows my mind to see the size comparison. AMAZING!
-Susanna

The Ribbles said...

We have a windmall farm that you can see from point of the mountain (on I-15 heading south as the it bends around the mountains). I have always wanted to go get a closer look. They are kind of eerie, reminds me of some post apocalyptic si-fy thing.

Bethany said...

i'm always envious of windmills. i wish we had some around here. we could power the whole state with the amount of wind we have here! we saw some show once where the top flew off though. SCARY! it was crazy.