

Jake and I went to Vancouver Canada back in September. Jake was in a Skate contest called The Vancouver Dam Am. We left Tuesday night September 15th and stayed until Monday the 21st. Jake drove down to our dental office in Thousand Oaks and picked me up from work and we then headed to the airport to fly to Vancouver. Since this was an International flight we had to be there 2 1/2 hours early. I think our flight was about that long, so it seemed kind of ridiculous to be there so early. Anyway we landed in Vancouver just before midnight. Made our way through customs and found our rental car.

We had a GPS unit and plugged in the address of our hotel and we set out in the middle of the night. We reached our hotel at about 1:00 am.

We were tired from our travels and went to bed. I forced Jake up early in the morning so we could take advantage of our free continental breakfast from the hotel. We made it just in time before they closed it down. After our first breakfast in Vancouver we went back to our room and decided what we would do for the day. It was raining as we headed out, so we went into the downtown area to check out the sights. As I was driving around and pointing things out to Jake, very excited to be checking out the city, I realized that he was sleeping! I continued to sight see in the rain and lots of traffic.

I decided to stop and park and find somewhere to eat. We got out and found a sushi restaurant and took a few pictures of the big buildings. It was still raining off and on. But we made the best of our first day in Vancouver! We quickly realized that our phones would be very expensive and turned off all internet settings and tried very hard not to text or phone unless absolutely necessary. Texting is a pass time that I love and so does Jake so it was hard. When we were at the hotel we had free internet and I could then email things to Eddie and Morgan. So a lot of my pictures I took on my phone. And here is my big excuse for why this and the next few posts are so late getting up... It is such a pain to transfer pictures from my phone to my computer, but I got it done so now the posts of our trips can begin.






3 comments:
Wow I had to zoom in on the picture of Jake in the black slicker, he looks a lot like you. I think it is the nose & mouth plus his bone structure at least in this pic.
Haha Too bad Jake wasn't as excited about the city sites. That's too funny that he just fell asleep in the car. It looks pretty rainy! Glad you enjoyed it there.
-Susanna
Haha that is funny you didnt realize Jake had fallen asleep. He is always quiet in the car so you would never know. Lol. I'm excited to spend some time with my brother tomorrow :)
Post a Comment