Sticking with the driving theme from the previous post... Jake took his test on Monday morning for his drivers license. Wednesday, he flew to Utah for the Gatorade Free Flow skate contest at Ogio, in Salt Lake City. Jake was staying at Logan's house (his friend) in Salt Lake. School had already gone back in session for Logan and Jake was planning on skating around Salt Lake until Logan was done with school. Thursday morning as I am leaving for work, I hear Morgan on the phone with Jake. From my understanding, Jake had left Logan's house at 6:30 am and had been out skating for a few hours and it was only 10:00 am. He had waited for the library to open to have a place to go hang out in for awhile. But he was bored and had a long wait till Logan got out of school. Morgan was on her computer and on the phone with Jake. She was looking up buss schedules and train schedules and mapping a route for Jake to get to their cousin Jesse's house. I amazed at how unselfish and helpful Morgan was about to be. Morgan let Jake pick up her car that she had stored at her cousins house for the summer. At this point Jake has now had his license for 3 days.
It wasn't easy for Jake to get to Jesse's, but he made it. After a train ride and I think about 5 miles of skateboarding, he was able to pick up his sisters car and then drive off to a local skate park. Morgan allowed Jake to keep her car until she arrived on Saturday afternoon. Jake was able to drive himself to places to practice for the contest and then to the contest, making his time in Salt Lake much easier.
Now Morgan's return trip to Utah was not easy... She stayed up until 4:00 am helping me with my YW slide show for camp. She had to get up and leave for the airport by 7:30 am. Her flight had stop in Phoenix that was supposed to be just a 30 minute drop off then take off again. But the plane ended up with a dented wing and they had to find another plane to use. So she was stuck in Phoenix for about an hour and a half. When she finally made it to Salt Lake, Jake was late picking her up and he had kids in the car with him. Morgan was ticked at this point. She called me and I told her to leave the kids at the airport if there wasn't enough room for her luggage and them. Morgan was much nicer, she dropped the kids off at the Gateway shopping center and then headed for Provo. Upon her arrival to her new apartment she was locked out. Her roommates had picked up the keys but where no where to be found. So Morgan with no sleep, a delay in her flight, no one at the airport when she arrived with all her boxes and luggage, was now locked out and waiting on the steps to her apartment. To say the least she was upset and frustrated. But she handled it all with style and finally got into her new bedroom and was able to crash out for a while!






4 comments:
Why didn't she call us? She could have come and slept at least! She does handle bad situations well. I've always been impressed with that.
Well thank you! That is such a nice compliment. I was a little nervous letting Jake take my car that weekend but I trust him too. I hope he appreciated all my effort! Hahah. :)
She is just a the greatest sister! Jake is lucky to have her. :)
I was gonna say the same thing....though she doesn't know us and I only met Jake once, they could always give us a call! I'm always happy to drive someone somewhere or offer our guest room, etc... Day or night!
Post a Comment