Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving weekend



Well I knew Thanksgiving was going to go quickly once Morgan got home, but wow what a great weekend. I picked Morgan up from the airport Monday night, she arrived on time but had to sit on the plane for over an hour because they couldn't taxi to the gate because the fog rolled in and they couldn't see the planes. I took Wednesday off from work so I was able to finish my shopping for Thanksgiving. Thursday I cooked all day. I think the only time I wish I had 2 ovens is on Thanksgiving and Christmas. But I managed with one. It was a nice Thanksgiving, for the first time we stayed home at our house. Dinner was delicious! Everything was made the way I like it. Friday I did NOTHING, it was great. Then Saturday I took Morgan out shopping and out for lunch. This has become the norm when she comes home, she goes back with all kinds of new clothes and things!?! She did need some winter clothes so that's what we got, jackets, sweaters, long sleeve shirts- She should be quite stylish on campus. Saturday night I watched "March of the Penguins", good movie, I highly recommend it. I was amazed at these penguins. Sunday, Morgan and I went to Ojai's ward for a missionary homecoming. Then off to the airport for Morgan's 3:00 pm flight. Jake came with us to the airport. I was glad he did, it was nice to have his company on the car ride home.  I think my favorite part about this weekend was seeing Jake and Morgan spend some time together. They went on a bike ride and shopping, and of course, checked out each others cell phones and ipods. They are such good friends and I am truly thankful for that. It was a really good Thanksgiving weekend.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

i think that was one of my favorite parts of the week too. jake and i spent a lot of time together that day we went shopping. which was so nice. i miss him a lot. thanks again for bringing me home for thanksgiving. i miss you guys so so much. cant wait for christmas!

Linda said...

I'm glad your Thanksgiving was a success. Ours was as well. It was fun to talk to you on Thanksgiving day.