Monday, April 28, 2008

Quick trip


Last Friday I flew up to Salt Lake City just to hop in a car and drive back to Ventura.
Morgan finished her semester at BYU and it was time to come home for summer. Lucky girl gets a 4 month summer!
I was totally impressed that she was ready to go Saturday morning. I had no idea what to expect when I arrived. I didn't know if we would still be packing her car on Saturday and then hitting the road on Sunday or what.
But Morgan picked me up from the airport (she was on time) and then we went back to Provo and met some friends for lunch. We dropped Morgan's car off for an oil change and then went to Deseret Bookstore. After I looked at books until Morgan thought her legs were going to fall off, she then took me over to Jarrod and Jessica's house. I got to watch Alvin and the chipmunks with the girls! And eat dinner with them.
Later that evening I had to convince Maggie that I needed it to be a little darker outside before I went to bed. So once it was dark I crawled into bed and slept in a bunk bed with Mary! That next morning the girls were eager for me to get up. Leah made sure that I knew I was the last person still in bed :) We had breakfast, Maggie and Mary prepared the eggs. I watched Maggie stir and stir the eggs then she would pass the bowl to Mary, and Mary would give the eggs one quick stir and pass the bowl back to Maggie. This happened twice. I told the girls at breakfast that the eggs were very good, to which Maggie replied "Thats because Mary twirled them." I know understood. Soon after breakfast Morgan arrived with her car packed and ready to go. She could barely get my little suitcase in. But before we left, the Ribble girls showed me their bikes and Sarah got a wagon ride from Leah.
So Morgan and I left Provo at about 10:30 am. I wasn't even there for 24 hours.

6 comments:

Morgan said...

in retrospect i realize you probably would have enjoyed some more time with the ribblets. sorry to rob you of that. :/

but now you have MEEE!!! muahahaha. what fun!

and when we drive my car back up in late august you can spend some more time with them.

sorry ribblets!

Bethany said...

morgan must have been really excited to get home! Good job for being on time and being ready!

how fun to see a picture of the 4 Ribbles. it sounds like you had a great time during your short stay. I always think their house must be completely entertaining with 4 little crazies running around!

girlsmama said...

I don't know if entertaining is the word...I usually vote for chaotic. Although I think Dana was the only one to spill at dinner. :)

We had fun during our short visit. The girls didn't realize you were leaving leaving. They thought you'd be back later in the day. Ahhh...the disappointment of misunderstanding.

girlsmama said...

Oh yeah! Our door is always open. We'd love to have you stay when you come back! Morgan we'll miss you while you're gone!

Dasdel said...

Yes I forgot! I spilled my apple juice all over the table as soon as Jessica gave it to me. What a klutz!

tiffunny said...

Wow! That was a quick trip. Sounds like you still had time to have lots of fun. And I bet driving home with your daugther was a blast! Right?