Eli and Christine were in town last weekend. Christine had a business trip in LA and Eli came along. On Friday Christine finished with her business trip and the 2 of them drove up to Ventura to spend some time with us before they flew back to Utah. They got to my house around 2:00pm. I sent them over to a little Italian cafe for lunch, and when they got back we all went for a walk on the beach. The weather was perfect beach weather, about 78 on Friday. We walked about 3 jettys down and then came back. The beach was littered with large jellyfish in the shore line. I've seen jellyfish on the beach before but they were about the size of a tennis ball. These jellyfish were about the size of a frisbee. There was a jellyfish about every 2 ft just laying on the wet sand. It was really strange. I've never seen that before at the beaches here.When we got back from the beach Grandma and Grandpa Hay were at my house for a visit. Later that evening we went out to dinner. Eli and Christine are fun to visit with. I was glad they came to stay with us. They left Saturday morning for the airport to fly back up to Utah. The last couple of times I've been to Utah I haven't seen them because of busy schedules. Maybe next time they come they will plan on staying longer :)






7 comments:
haha now i know why you wanted to know how to spell frisbee.i didnt even think twice when you asked.
im glad eli and christine came to see us too. too bad they dont blog so they wont see how nice you are for posting about them. :) haha.
i never knew jelly fish were so small, like a tennis ball. that's fun that eli and christine came to visit. I've been bugging them to come visit us. nobody ever does! i also try to talk them into blogging too, but I am not successful at that either. I don't think they even look at any blogs! Sounds like a great visit. You are seeing a lot of my family lately!
I saw one at Oregon a month or two ago - my first jelly fish I've seen in a real setting (aka not at an aquarium). It was quite big and really pretty. How weird that there were so many - good thing your company didn't want to boogie board or something - that's what we would have wanted to do and we probably would have gotten the crap stung out of us!
Eli did get in the water for a swim but he said it was too cold and he saw jellyfish in the water and thought he better not. I told him that it was probably not a good idea since no one wanted to pee on him if he got stung. Morgan said if it stung him on the leg he could pee on himself.
That would have been really funny if he'd had to pee on himself. We had dinner with them on Sunday and they told us about visiting! They enjoyed themselves as well and really like your house, but not the cats so much. :)
I think Eli does read the blogs occasionally. He has read mine in the past. I'm glad you were able to accommodate their visit.
haha i told christine she'd have to pee on him if it was a place he couldnt reach himself. i know that its supposed to help the sting but do you think anyone actually does that?
Post a Comment