
Our dinner was to be held on Dec 16th, a Tuesday evening. So Sunday was the day I would need to assemble the mud pies. After church I advised our enrichment leader that I would be coming by to get the ice cream. I picked up the ice cream and hurried home to make four 9x13 pans of mud pie. This task was not fun. I was grinding up oreos in my blender and melting butter for the cookie crust when I realized that the crust would need to freeze for at least 30 minutes before I could add the ice cream to it, which was sitting on my counter softening as I worked. So somehow I made some room in my freezer for a double 9x13 pan and space for my 5 quarts of melting peppermint ice cream.

I ended up making the double sized pan then going to our Christmas concert at the Stake Center and finding out the lady with the freezer was overwhelmed with other tasks. I had to ask Dad if he could store a pan of mudpie for me. I race home to grab the dessert, drive it over to Dad's house at about 10:00 pm, get back home and make the third pan of mud pie.
Monday evening the enrichment ladies are going to set up chairs and tables at the hosts home. I get off work too late to help, but I went home grabbed the pan in my freezer and then over to my Dad's and grab the double pan in his freezer and at about 10:00 pm again I take all of these over to the hosts house and rearrange her freezer and cram it all in. I still have one more pan of mudpie to make that night before I go to bed.

Tuesday morning comes and on my way to work I am going to drop off this last pan of mud pie. I'm looking forward to seeing this dessert drenched in hot fudge and sprinkled with candy cane. I really enjoy our relief society Christmas dinners and this is the first year I have helped with food preparation. I was excited for a fun evening celebrating Christmas with the sisters in my ward.
But something came up with my Stake calling and we were asked to meet with a member of the Stake Presidency regarding an issue that had come to the surface in an ugly way. I tried to get out of it, but I knew that I needed to go to this meeting. So I had to miss out on my Christmas dinner. I never got to see my mud pie flowing in hot fudge. By the time I got there they were well into the cleanup. I took what was left of my mudpie and went home feeling very deflated.
The frustrating part is nothing has resolved from this meeting we have had regarding this ugly issue. Oh well life rolls on...






5 comments:
Sometimes it so hard dealing with people from church and situations like that!!! However, that mud pie looks so yummy. Are you going to share the recipe? Sorry you didn't get a piece either.
i can appreciate all of your slaving because i ate some :) it was yuuuuuummy. But i was really bummed for you that you missed the dinner. This drama you're having to handle is so stupid.
Everything turned out so nicely, and everyone loved your dessert. I could've sworn there was an entire untouched pan left over in L's garage fridge. With all your hard work, I'm sorry to hear you didn't get to enjoy any of it and that some drama kept you from the party.
I agree - share the recipe it sounds delicious. But what a bummer that you couldn't go and enjoy it.
man, i could have sworn i commented on this. i read your blog via google reader and I think that I commented because I remember what i thought about when i read each post. whoops.
this looks delicious! anything with ice cream is a winner.
Post a Comment