Its time to leave for the airport and still no repair man. I call at&t because I don't want to be charged if I leave and he comes. His regular fee is $55.00 for every 15 minutes, if its not covered under my wire protection program. (which that can't guarantee me it will.) So after all the automated selections, being disconnected once I finally get a live voice. I explain my situation and she calls the repairman to see if he can come later this afternoon. This took 10 - 15 min of me being on hold. I was freaking out because I need to get on the road but I'm on my house phone and can't leave.
So I get the repairman scheduled for the afternoon and I'm ready to pick up Morgan. She texts me that she has been delayed and they are just loading now. Ok fine I think now I can drive the speed limit and I should be there just before she lands.
Another text comes she is in line to de ice. The next text: the plane is getting out of the de icing line and going back to the gate to re fuel. Are you kidding me? Shouldn't they have fueled up when they loaded the plane? So I pull off the freeway and get gas at Costco. Then I run into office depot for an errand, use the restroom at another store and I'm running out of productive things to do. Finally I get the text that she is back in the de icing line and should be taking off soon. I take off too.
I get down to LAX and wait for Morgan to arrive. Several flights came in at the same time and an announcement is made that it may take up to 45 minutes to unload all the luggage. We didn't have to wait quite that long for hers. As we are heading back to the car I realize that I'm not going to make it back in time for the repairman. I call Jake and give him the heads up. He is less then enthusiastic to help me out.
While driving home I get a very irritated call from Eddie saying the repairman is at the house and what is he supposed to be looking at!? (ugh)
The freeways are packed and we are crawling through LA, its Friday afternoon the last weekend before Christmas and we are stuck on the 405. I make my way to the coast and trek home. The whole start to finish adventure to and from the airport takes me 6 hours.
I get home to learn that the repairman could do NOTHING. That at&t needed to send a DSL repairman. Hello? I told them what the problem was! Why didn't they send the right guy?
So now my husband is beyond grouchy and pour salt in the wound he has a headache. And we have our office party tonight! (which means paying out the holiday bonuses)
I get dressed and we are off to celebrate with our employees and their spouses. Eddie climbs into the passenger seat and now I know that I will be driving. (40 min drive to Augora) The office party goes well. We are either really good at faking it or we actually enjoyed ourselves, I'm not sure... I do know that my dessert was delicious. A turnover pastry filled with warm peanut butter drizzled in chocolate with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
The best part of the whole day was Morgan was home! She could relax from finals and sleep in her own bed in her own room!
And help me with all my Christmas chaos...






5 comments:
hectic! that feels like a long time ago but also like it just happened. weird. i hate the way my breaks just fly by :/
Dana, thanks so much for your nice comments on my blog. You are so sweet. Sounds like you had a crazy day and I can totally relate to chaos of a day like that! Also, I want your recipe...that dessert sounds terribly good. :)
At least the party was fun! The rest of the day sounds like it was a poopie.
What a crazy day. Waiting around for repairman has got to be one of the worst things ever. They always find a way to screw your day up somehow. Glad it ended on a good note though.
ughhhh I HATE chaotic things like that! they're DEFINITELY the worst. especially when you think you've finally timed it perfectly and then have to dink around trying to find something to do!!
Post a Comment