Monday, May 18, 2009

My fast paced month of May

I can't believe today is the 18th of May! This month has been crazy with all the events and activities going on. This last week was particularly busy. Wednesday May 13th, our Stake celebrated the YW who finished their Personnel Progress goals and received their award. I made large amounts of strawberry shortcake to serve for the refreshments. By the end of the evening when all was said and done I served 90 servings of strawberry shortcake. But I don't think that 90 people were in attendance. I think that some people had multiple servings and others that weren't attending our event helped themselves. It was a crazy whirlwind experience cutting two flats of strawberries the night before, then racing home from work to quick change into Sunday attire, dashing up to the church for our program and having all those strawberries disappear in less then 30 min.
Thursday was another eventful evening. My friend Wendy came into town to visit. Wendy grew up in Ventura but moved away during the high school years. Wendy found me on face book a few months back and we have been wanting to get together for sometime now. I'm so glad she took the time out of her busy schedule to come to Ventura for a day so we could visit.
Thursday is my late day at work, I usually get finished around 8:00 pm. Wendy called around 7:00 and wanted a restraunt recommendation. My last patient had cancelled so I raced off to meet her and her family at "Yolanda's " a Mexican restuarant here in Ventura. We had such a good time talking about people who we used to hang out with and catching up on each others lives. We later got in my car and drove around town, we went and found Wendy's old house that she lived in here in Ventura. It was a little tricky, really tested our memories, but we found it!
That night I came home and packed for the CDA convention in Anaheim. Friday morning I had to get up at 4:00 am and drive to Anaheim for the dental convention. My friend Monique and I shared a hotel and attended classes for 3 days. Sitting in stiff chairs for 2-3 hours at a time listening to anal retentive speakers talk about gum disease, dental implants, infection control, CA dental laws and the most intersting one, street drugs and your patient. It was a very long tiring weekend. Needless to say I was so happy to get home and sleep in my own bed last night.
Jake and Eddie took off for a skate contest in Louisiana on Thursday night and will be getting home this afternoon. Those adventures will have to be another post.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I had so much fun seeing you! Thanks for making time for us! Ventura was really the highlight of our trip. The weather was great, the beach was fun and sleeping with that harbor air blowing into the hotel room was fantastic!

Morgan said...

I guess this is just a crazy time of year for everyone! Cant wait for July when we get to slow down to the summer pace. :)

Lady Dot said...

Whew. I'm tired just reading about your crazy schedule.