Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Elaine



Today is Elaine's Birthday and I am sending out my Birthday wishes to Elaine. I looked up some people who share their Birthday with Elaine today.
Michael Stipe (lead singer for REM) is 48 today
Matt Frewer (Max Headroom 80's icon) is 50 today
Dyan Cannon (actress) is 71 today
Jesse White (actor who played the Maytag repair man)
Jane Wyman ( actress and first wife of Ronald Reagan)
Sterling Holloway (original Disney voice for Winnie the pooh)
Charles "Tom Thumb" Stratton (dwarf)
Luis Braille (invented the braille system for the blind)
For pictures of these people or to look up your birthday you can visit www.famousbirthdays.com

I hope I have this memory right. One thing I remember about Elaine's birthdays when we all lived at home together, is that she wanted to keep the Christmas tree up until after her birthday. She liked to have her presents put under the tree. This would have drove me crazy if I were mom. I take down my tree New Years day and it is so dry and ready to go outside. But I think we kept our tree up for Elaine's birthday.

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your special day

2 comments:

elaine said...

Thanks for remembering,and yes I did have them keep the tree up til my birthday, I was such a brat, as a mom it would have driven me nuts too.

Linda said...

I remember it too. I think Mom did it because she wanted to make sure that Elaine had a special birthday. It would have been so easy for it to get lost in the whole Christmas thing. We always wrapped her presents in Christmas wrapping too. Welcome to the 50 something club Elaine! Happy Birthday.