Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend Project

This weekend I purchased a 2 drawer filing cabinet. I seem to be a bit of a paper stacker. With the new year and wanting to be more organized, I thought I needed a filing cabinet. So off I went to Office Depot to make my purchase.


After I got home and carried into into the house, I opened the box and pulled out all the pieces.

Lots of pieces, lots of screws and dowels, and cams, wood glue!? ...and a 14 page instruction booklet!! YIKES
So I read each instruction slowly and carefully, sometimes several times. I notice that I'm talking to myself or maybe to Duncan, he liked helping or at least he felt the need to check it out.

Duncan making sure I'm doing it right

It took me the better part of my Friday evening, but I put it together and placed it in my room. I've started filing my stacks of paper into the cabinet. So the process of becoming more organized has started. Now if I could just get the junk mail to stop showing up every day...

5 comments:

Morgan said...

of course duncan was trying to "help". more like get in the way. haha.

girlsmama said...

Go you! I should follow suit...maybe next year.

elaine said...

That's what I love about cats they are always so helpful. In the top picture Duncan looks like he is saying "looks like you got it level to me". Good job Dana it looks great!

D Bura said...

The GIANTS for sure cause I hate the Pats and I really dont wanna see them go undefeated... plus they kicked my team out of the playoffs...

Linda said...

I've been wanting to get a filing cabinet just like that for a couple of years. I just haven't done it.