Saturday, September 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Jake

Today is Jake's 17th birthday.  We started out our day by going to breakfast at Cafe Nouveau.  Our friend Dave and his boys Max and Spencer joined us for Jake's birthday breakfast.  Last weekend Jake had the opportunity to fly to Salt  Lake City (for the 3rd weekend in a row) to attend the Dew Tour.  Morgan and Jake got 3 days of bmx bikes, motorcycles, and skateboard events to watch.  Jake was able to score some VIP passes and sit with the athletes for some of the events.  It was fun to hear all about it from both Morgan and Jake. It sounds like they really enjoyed themselves. (Attending the Dew Tour was what he got to do instead of a party)
This afternoon I made Jake a chocolate cake and we opened birthday presents :)
Of course Jake had to have a piece of cake warm and no icing. 
Jake is a really great kid. He is intelligent, kind and genuine .  He likes to make stencils and then paint cool interesting designs or funny pictures on t-shirts. He likes photography and making videos, most of his videos are of skateboarding. He loves gadgets. He has a wide interest in several types of music.  Jake has the best smile in the world and if your lucky enough to see it... it will warm you heart!  I learn things from Jake all the time, he sees things differently then I do and when he shares his perspective with me I am usually enlightened in some way. I enjoy Jake so much. Happy Birthday Jake!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday Jake! What a fun day and age. I'm feeling old since I remember when he little, little-maybe even my boys age!

Morgan said...

Very true about his smile. I miss you guys! Happy Bday J.

tiffunny said...

What a popular birthday - there's 2 people in my family with that birthday plus my parents anniversary. What a sweet tribute to your little man!

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday, Jake! i know i'm late. sorry. google reader makes me a poor commenter.

i hope the day was great. Jake is such a nice kid. I really admire that.