Monday, September 1, 2008

Back to BYU

Thursday Aug. 29th Morgan, Jake and I made our trek to Utah to take Morgan back up to school. Morgan and Jake came and picked me up at work. From there we went and dropped off the jetta at Burbank airport. Morgan drove most of the way to Las Vegas Thursday night. We arrived around midnight to sleep at the Excalibur. Friday morning we got started on the road at about 8:30 am. Jake wanted a tacky Las Vegas t-shirt. Our hotel shops weren't open yet so we stopped at a Walgreens and he found a pretty cool blue and white tye dyed effect t-shirt that said LAS VEGAS! Back onto the 15 north headed for Salt Lake City! Again Morgan did most of the driving. She did a great job! Morgan thinks that I think she is a bad driver... but I think she is a good driver! I just throw out my advice whenever I feel the need and sometimes, amazingly its good advice!
We arrive in Salt Lake City around 4:00 pm. And the rest of the weekend is spent getting Morgan ready to live on her own again. Trips to Wal-mart, groceries, and her storage unit. We set up her bed, and a bedside table. Morgan put together a futon and I hung shower curtains. (I give Morgan the hard stuff)
Thanks to Jesse and Jenn for loaning us Jenn's Yukon. :)
Jake in the mean time has a friend from his skateboard camp, that lives in Salt Lake and he went to 7 different skate parks. Salt Lake City is a great place for Jake, skateboard parks and snowboarding. Plus we saw a guy at Morgan's new apartment building that had a fixed gear bike and Jake found out about the local rides within an hour of us being there. Morgan and I just had to laugh, Jake has friends everywhere he goes and makes friends so easily. At one point I saw him ride away on his skateboard with 4 other guys looking like he owned the city rather then just visiting for the weekend.
Sunday brought in a thunder storm and the skies were grey, kind of matched my mood. I hate not living with Morgan and not seeing her everyday... We hung out and tried to get as much unpacking and organizing done as we could.
Monday morning came way too fast. Jake and I had an early flight back to Burbank. A tearful goodbye at the airport and a sad flight back to Cali.
Jake and I shuttled over to long term parking where we found the jetta just the way we left it last Thursday. Jake was able to finagle a quick stop at the Camarillo outlets for 2 new pairs of shoes. When I finally got home, I made my way to my room and crashed out for 4 hours! A well deserved nap, I was physically and emotionally exhausted!
School starts tomorrow for Morgan, she is taking 6 classes. It should be an exciting semester for her. Living in Salt Lake will be a new adventure and I know she will really enjoy it there. She has already found out about a couple of farmer markets and festivals that she is looking forward to going to.

4 comments:

girlsmama said...

My mom and I still cry when we part ways and it's been 12 years! What's funny is Leah has picked up on it and cries now too! We'll all be here for Morgan if life throws any curve balls at her.

Linda said...

I don't know if you ever got my email reply that we were going to be in Arizona the weekend you were here. I was sad to not be able to see you. Are you coming for the Dew Tour? We will be going again for sure. We had such a great time last year.

Where is Morgan living this year? I need to hook up with her more often now that she is downtown.

tiffunny said...

That's fun you got to take her up there at least. I'm dreading the day I have to take my girls out into "the world" to live. I will miss them (at least I tell myself that every day when they're driving me absolutely crazy!)

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

Now that you are Morganless again we should get together for dinner or something. We haven't done that for while. Summer was busy.
-Susanna