After work Jake and I took Eddie out to dinner at Aloha Steakhouse. Our friend Dave and his boys Max and Spencer joined us. My dinner was delicious. I had macadamia nut crusted mahi mahi. Eddie had baked scallops and Jake had a steak. Everyone was quite happy with their choice.
Eddie and Dave love to tell their stories to the boys. Tonight was no exception. Sometimes I worry that these boys might get ideas to re-invent some of these stories on their own. Eddie was telling stories of BB guns and shooting out neighbors windows. Dave would back them up with stories of shooting birds. Then they went into stories about bottle rockets and lizards. The little boys were loving it and adding there own stories. Jake and I were amused how well the little boys knew all about Eddie's and Dave's tales of broken bones and injuries.
For dessert I ordered two chocolate souffles, served with ice cream. We split the souffles one for the Asdels and one for the Soters. The souffles were yummy, warm chocolate cake oozing with chocolate sauce and little pieces of toffee topped with ice cream. Spencer really loves desserts, we tease him all the time about how he loves sweets. Tonight when the souffle came, it was like he was hypnotized by the warm chocolate. I told Max he better grab the plate before Spencer shoveled the whole thing in his mouth.
We had a great time celebrating Eddie's birthday tonight. I always miss Morgan more on these family occasions. Its one of the hard parts about having her gone away to school. Since she is coming home this weekend I'm sure we will celebrate Eddie's birthday one more time!






6 comments:
i hope we celebrate again! I cant even remember the last time i had aloha.. not counting the free coconut shrimp taylor and damon occasionally get me :)
Happy Birthday Dad! Can't wait to see you guys in a few days!
yummmmmm I love mochi!!! I love the strawberry ones from trader joes. yummy. This post made me hungry and i'm stuck in class :(
Sounds fun. Happy be-lated bday to Eddie!
-Susanna
Sorry I am late....but, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Eddie! Hope it was a good one. And Dana, you always make me hungry with your posts :)
Is Spencer the boy in the grey shirt? He looks totally focused on the souffle,both boys look like they are happy with your selection. I thought Eddie didn't like chocolate...I have never had mochi ice cream but it sounds yummy, Joe think it sounds disgusting but so far all the things I thought I'd have to myself because he thought yucky I now have to share because he tried it and liked it. Happy Belated Birthday Eddie!!!
What a fun night! The chocolate souffles sound so good!
Post a Comment