Sunday, March 8, 2009

notebook

Today I was able to read "The Notebook" I enjoyed this romantic tale. It was a good love story. It only took me 4 hours to read (roughly) But if you need a break from the regularities of the day, I recommend this book. I liked the perspective this book gave on love and growing older and the promises we make to each other.

6 comments:

Morgan said...

I HATE that movie, I hope the book was better...but I usually don't go for the heart wrenching stuff, I get too invested. Would you reccommend it to me?

girlsmama said...

Ahh, to have four hours to sit and read...

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

I never read the book (I rarely finish any book I start) but I watched the movie for the first time when it was on TV and I was home alone. I balled my eyes out at the end and then I was glad I was home alone.
-Susanna

Deno'N'Mo said...

I read that book before the movie came out. I thought it was much better than the movie, but still lvoed the movie. You'll have to read The Wedding now! It's the sequal. I have it somewhere. I think it may be up in the attic, though. If I come across it I'll let you know! I think you'll love it considering the place you are in your life! Hmmm...is someone becoming a Nicholas Sparks fan after all? :) hehe

Dasdel said...

Yeah I had to read something this weekend, and this book was on Morgan's bookshelf. I've read "A Walk to Remember" too (I think that was the other Nicholas Sparks book I read) It was a few years back.

Jenn Kirk said...

Reeeally, Morgan hated the movie? I thought it was sweet. Ryan thought it was girly -- but sweet. Haven't read the book.