Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend Update

This weekend I was sick with a sinus infection and ended up staying home and laying on the couch or in bed for 3 days. Friday while I had a little energy I took my prescription over to Vons to be filled. Then I had to go to Target and get a few things for the house and some Sudefed. My next stop was Lassens (health food store) to re stock up on my "holistic" regimen. Back to Vons to get my antibiotics... and the pharmacist tells me that what Eddie prescribed me I'm allergic to (joy oh joy) So I text Eddie with the pharmacies phone # and ask him to switch it to a Z pack. By now my energy is zapped and I head home. The Sudafed works good but doesn't allow me to sleep. I read an entire book on Friday, "Shopaholic takes Manhattan". I saw the movie a couple weeks a go and loved it! Saturday I spent on the couch watching all the TV shows I had recorded on DVR and haven't had the time to watch yet. I watched a lot of political talk shows. So now besides being sick, I'm pissed off over our governments handling of the economical crisis we are in. Sunday I woke up with a raging headache on top of all the other ailments I've been dealing with. I decided not to go to church. So back to the couch and more TV. By the time church was over my headache was gone :) but not my cold :(
I figured that I had been on antibiotics long enough that I wasn't a huge risk, so I went to the Stk girls camp meeting last night. (I think those people got me sick to begin with) Good meeting glad I went. I think I faked it pretty good. Anyway... Today is Monday and its back to work, so maybe I will take some Sudafed and pretend that I'm over this cold. I am feeling better but I still sound a little plugged up and my ears keep popping. I will keep my mask on and no one should be the wiser (unless they hear my seal barking cough). The worst part about a hygienist being sick is the runny nose into the mask. It can be truly disgusting. That's why I'm taking the sudafed today. Hopefully I will sleep tonight!

6 comments:

girlsmama said...

Bleck. We had it all a week ago, it went away for a few days. We didn't go to church a week ago Sunday. Then I woke up again with it this morning. Yuck. I feel for you. I hope your mask didn't get to snotty.

Morgan said...

hahaha i remember you telling about wearing masks while having a cold. Ick ick ick....

"seal barking cough" made me laugh out loud.

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

Being sick is horrible! Hopefully you're getting better and your days at work haven't been too bad.
-Susanna

Wendy said...

Sorry you are sick! Alan has just infected me with some contagious bacteria that requires antibiotics. I woke up to a cold sore on my lip. YUCK! Getting sick is awful!

bladesfam said...

I have a great recipe that my mom used to give us when we are sick!! It is called Kick Butt Soup! It will kill anything, call me if you want me to make you some! Brian has walking pneumonia so I will be making a batch anyway! Hope you feel better soon!!

tiffunny said...

Sorry you were sick. That's the worst. Hopefully you feel better now!