
After I got home from youth conference, I quickly exchanged my Sunday clothes for shorts and t-shirts and Morgan and I left for Huntington Beach. Eddie and Jake were already down there with our friend Dave and his 2 boys. This weekend we attended the Maloof Money Cup. This is a skateboard contest that attracts the best skateboarders and showcases street skateboarding and Vert skateboarding. I love going to skateboard contests. The athletes at these events are so talented and skateboarding is an event where your competitors cheer you on and get stoked when you do something amazing. Skateboarders in general are very supportive of other skateboarders and what they are able to do.

This year the Vert contest was really exciting. Alex Perelson was the youngest skater in the Pro Vert competition at 18 years old. He won the Pro Vert Contest. He was skating against some of the best known skaters in the industry and he pulled off a 900. The 900 is a 2.5-revolution (900 degrees) aerial spin performed on a skateboard ramp. It is considered to be one of skateboarding's most difficult tricks. Alex is the 5th person to pull this trick in a competition. The crowd went crazy!
We had a great time watching the Street Competition as well. Morgan got autographs and pictures with several different skaters. The previous night, Jake saw a private concert with Snoop Dog and he got Kobe Bryant's autograph. It was a super fun weekend!






2 comments:
Malooooooooof. I had so much fun!
it's so great that you guys go and watch so many competitions. skateboard stuff is fun to watch and even more exciting when you know one of the competitors.
Post a Comment