Monday, July 20, 2009

Midnight Show


Tuesday night, or Wednesday morning, Morgan and I went to the 12:20 am showing of Harry Potter and the half blood prince. We went over to the theatre around 10:30 pm. Morgan's friend Mo (Morgan) met us at the theatre. We were waiting outside in groups according to your show time. We didn't wait long before we were taken to our theatre to wait inside. Mo brought the game Catch Phrase, and the 3 of us played the 3 boys that were seated in front of us. It was really fun. I've never actually played Catch Phrase, Morgan and Mo were really good at it. It was definitely a great way to pass the time and make instant friends, who wanted to pass the time too.
There was a kid behind us who helped me out once or twice when I was tongue tied. Come to find out he goes to BYU-Idaho.

So the movie starts and the audience cheered! I really enjoyed the movie and totally forgot how late at night it was. I have to admit I haven't read the book yet but I plan on it. I usually try to read the book before seeing the movie. So I feel like I can't truly critique the movie. Morgan re read a few of the Harry Potter books to prep for the movie. She liked the movie, but thought there were a few key elements left out.
One of the best things about going to the midnight showing besides being one of the first to see the movie is there were no little kids. Most of the audience were young adults and adults. We got home around 3:00 am. Went straight to bed, but I couldn't fall asleep. It took me about 45 minutes before I dropped off (annoying) Thank goodness I didn't have to get up early in the morning. I was able to sleep in till about 11:00 am and then got up and got ready for work.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

So much fun :) I'm glad we went and I think I enjoyed the time before the movie just as much as the movie itself!

Bethany said...

sounds like so much fun. i want to see that movie. i went over to a friend's house on saturday night so she and her husband could go. she's going to do the same for us. i just need to decide when!

Tricia said...

I have always wanted to do a midnight show! Looks like so much fun.