Friday June 19th and Saturday June 20th, I was super busy getting 3 people ready to go to camp. Jake was going to Camp Woodward (skateboarding camp) for 2 weeks and Morgan and I were going to Girls Camp. Making sure we all had travel size shampoo and soaps, packing all the different medications and Advil or Excedrin that would be needed. (I actually ran out of both Advil and Excedrin) Doing all the laundry so everyone had the t-shirts they wanted to take. I also had to pack lunches for Morgan and I since our camp wouldn't feed us till till dinner on Monday evening.
I had to make sure that the one person not going off to camp had food stocked up for the week. Jake had to get his hair cut, I had games and activities to get ready. It seemed like my to-do list was never ending. As I was checking things off my list, I would remember something else and have to add it on...(like pick up BB gun ammunition)
Finally, on Saturday night at 2:30 am (I guess that would be Sunday morning) I went to bed feeling exhausted and wishing for another 24 hours before camp would begin. Sunday came and we went to church then had a very short celebration of Father's Day. Then Eddie took Jake to his two week long camp and I was off to a slumber party for our YCLs (youth camp leaders) And YES, I had to stay the night with them...






5 comments:
I know the feeling of the never ending list...I have yet to find the end of mine. :)
Campity camp camp. At least we are home and done and Jake comes home on Sat! Yay! Then we can begin planning vacations!
Oh wait... you have Youth Conference. Bleh.
Packing for one person to go to camp for a week is bad enough. But planning for three? Yikes!
This post reminded me that I never asked how the BB guns worked out. Did anybody shoot their eye out?
Things never do slow down there. I hope all the camps went well and you are getting sometime to relax.
yum, that dinner looks good!
Post a Comment